Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Heroes….

Heroes….

First, I loved the episode, but first… Commercials!!!!!! I am now of the opinion that each episode is 20 minutes long and that there is at least as much commercial content as show. I know I may be exaggerating, but there appears to be a excruciating amount of ad’s. In the immortal words of America’s for most folk poet, Mr. Charles Brown “ARRRRRRRRRGGGG!”.

Now… The episode progressed the story line further, The Policeman woke up in Skyler’s lab with Scary bald guy, they apparently are experimenting on our poor friend. The Cheerleader… Or “Miracle girl” …wakes up in the morgue, escapes and latter takes her revenge on the serial rapist Quarterback by crashing a car into a wall. Las Vegas mom, or maybe “Mirror Image” or “Darkside” intertwines with the politician “the Eagle” when it appears as though he is set up by Skyler. We actually get to see “Darkside” emerge when the mom is threatened. The Eagle is captures (let this be a lesson to all would be super heroes… Don’t cheat on your wives). I had previously stated that I thought that the Eagles brother could only fly when he was around his brother, partially correct, he seems to be able to absorb the powers or “mimic” those of someone he is around. Hiro…Oh my god! By far my favorite Character, the one that is so desperately trying to embrace his gift and the one who is oddly learning to control his power the best. He and Ando are in Vegas where Ando talks Hiro into using his power to help them gamble against Hiro’s best judgment, they win but are thrown out ( I loved the Rain Man scene on the escalator) and Hiro ends up taking a fist to the jaw. The end scene we get a glimpse of Hiro from the future, all cooled up, dressed in black, Samurai sword on his back, no glasses, hair slicked back and no trace of a accent, he comes and delivers a message from the future to Daniel ( whom he drops the line about not being used to seeing Daniel without his scar…Cool). We see a cool scene with artist guy as he gets whacked out on goof balls and paints the future, I loved the dream/painting effect. The show is very comic booky and that’s what I love about it.

No comments: