Monday, December 03, 2007

Busy Weekend…

Well I was able to get up to Reenactor fest III in G-burg this weekend. I got up there early and cruised around the battlefield as it has been a while since I had been there. Things have changed up there, allot of tree clearing, its allot easier to get to the Bliss Farm now for Long Ave and Devils den is cleared. In my opinion, there is no better time to be at a historical site then at Dawn or shortly after, and Saturday was a brilliant fall morning. The Fest itself was a fun time, I helped Matt at his table, I did 1882 Blackwatch, he did Boer War. I saw allot of old faces and ended up chatting for awhile. It always amazes me the level of knowledge that some reenactors achieve in their area of expertise…I.E. there was this guy up there with a table set up, his impression is that of a Paruker ( A guy who styles wigs) and the amount of knowledge he had and the way he presented himself was amazing. There were a group of kids ( about 18-22 years old) doing Pirates…I have to say I was impressed by them as they seemed to have gone out of their way to dress the part, no store bought Ren-faire crap. We had a good dinner and spent some time talking about old times, then I cruised home.

I also went up to my Grandparents on Sunday to see if there was anything I wanted. It was sad in a way, as A boy I had loved that house, Allot of memories are there. The fire place, the floor where I had played with antique soldiers for hours on end, the bed were I had slept when we went over, That place holds a heck of allot of great memories. I am going to grab some stuff tonight, So I will go back up.

No comments: