Thursday, December 06, 2007

Snow…

Lat night we had a snow fall, maybe 3 to 4 inches, no big deal, the first of the year. I have loved snow all my life, I don’t know why, I used to hate it when we would have to go to school while the snow melted or I bore a grudge against salt and sand trucks for making the beautiful white landscape look like a grungy mess. I still remember going out into the snow at night time and staying out for ever, it never snowed to hard for us to be outside.
Once, when I was probably 15 or 16, I remember, at the height of a blizzard, me and my friends trudging up frozen Whiteclay creek at night all the way to Possum park shopping center. Our scarves froze like masks on our faces. It was great.
Snow at night I remember to, the sound it made on the tree branches, how invisible it was until it was caught by light. It seems crazy for young kids to be out in the snow like we were but truth is I never remember being cold.We use to build huge snow forts, Snow men and other frozen field works, only to have them melt in the days that follow I don’t know If I have that same love for snow now that Im a adult ( age wise at least) but I still do like to see it snow

No comments: